Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Process.

It's always good to look back on life and remember where you came from.

I remember circumstances that have happened in my life and how I've dealt with them, always asking God to improve my character in some way or another. I've always wanted to be the best me I can be, no matter what happens. To handle situations that are difficult, or even the ones that are pleasant, with a grace that is otherworldly. To use every event to shape and mold me into this beautiful creature that I know I'm capable of being because God loves me and because I'm made in his image.

It's always in those times of looking back that I see just how God did that.



I never see it when it's happening.
Even in the midst of my confusion, pain, unhappiness, sadness...something is happening to me that I am not even aware of.
Simply because I asked for it.
I said, "God make me like this."

It never happens right away.
It's always a process.
I love processes.

But it happens.

You have to be willing to take on the process.
To accept the dirty, ugly things that can take place.
To barrel through the tears and questions.
To be certain that in the end, you will come out with something much greater.
To feel thankful for each little step.
To know that change is taking place somewhere deep inside you.

"I pray that the Lord will guide you to be as loving as God and as patient as Christ." 1 Timothy 3:5

The process isn't about getting what you want.
It's just about being. And becoming more.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome Amanda. I love the depth of thought that you are so open to share as you go along your journey. Thanks for your transparency. I have no doubt that He is taking you from glory to glory!