Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Messiness.

Everything in my life feels kind of messy right now.

My clothes are strewn all over my room.
My school books are all out of order.
My vanity is overflowing with make-up and hair ties.
My mind can't seem to produce a focused thought.
My heart fell out of my chest, I think.
It left a big hole full of chaos.

I like to be organized and in control.
I like things to look perfect.
I like them to be neat and orderly.
Not just my books.
Not just my room.
Not just my vanity.

My heart.
My mind.
My soul.
My feelings.

But I'm learning that the messiness doesn't really need to be controlled.
It doesn't need to be put in its "place."
It doesn't have to be neat and it certainly can wander away from perfection.

The messy can be good.

The mind can produce beautiful words in the midst of chaos.
The heart can feel more alive when it's out of order.
My soul can find peace in the disorder, the inconsistency, the confusion.
That peace doesn't have to mean everything is right.
Or in its place.
Or perfect.

Messiness makes me more accepting, more open.
It makes me let go of control and just let things happen.
I feel more free inside, to let my soul be.

Embrace the messy.
It's okay.

No comments: